EdChoice recently issued an interesting report about 2019 SCHOOLING IN AMERICA, Public Opinion on K–12 Education, Busing, Technology, and School Choice. It has an interesting graph that shows where parents and public school teachers would like to send their own children to school. Here is that graph.
The top bar shows the preferences for parents. Only 32% want to send their child to a regular public school district school. The majority of parents would prefer either private school (42%) or home school (13%) for a combined proportion of 55%.
But, the really interesting information is in the middle bar in Figure 4. A majority of current public school teachers (53%) would prefer to send their child to a school of choice, either a charter school (10% of teachers), a private school (39%) or home school (4%).
Isn’t that interesting?