“A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.” -Thomas Jefferson
The founders of the United States understood that senseless, over-reaching bureaucracy was not compatible with protecting individual freedoms.
The Bluegrass Institute believes that:
- Government serves at the will of the people, not the other way around
- The proper role of government is to protect liberties
- Government should be restrained by founding principals outlined in the Constitution
- The more localized a government can be, the better
- What belongs to everyone tends to fall into disrepair but what belong to the individual, the individual tends to take care of