Points made by Dr. Len Peters, Secretary, Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet, to Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce on May 20, 2011:
• One of every 20 Kentuckians is working in the manufacturing sector.
• They have jobs in manufacturing thanks to affordable energy in Kentucky.
• 30 percent of all stainless steel manufactured in the United States is made in Kentucky.
• 40 percent of all aluminum manufactured in the country is made in Kentucky.
• Kentucky is the third largest manufacturer of light duty vehicles in the country.
• If we don’t protect affordable electric rates, companies will build new plants overseas.